Re: Self regulation and perhaps joint educational activity

From: willthereallsvpleasespeakup@nateweb.info
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 04:17:55 PDT

Mike,

It seems like a very idealized example to me. I would be curious of what
a more "typical" example would look like.

Put another way, it is an example of learning activity running smothly
without many bumps in the road. I have always been moved more towards
examples where there are struggles and conflict with learning activity.
I do think the undergrad relating to that particular learner is very
typical. I wonder what a field note from an undergard who relates to the
learner where things do not run smoothly would look like.

--
Website: http://nateweb.info/
Blog: http://levvygotsky.blogspot.com/

"The zone of proximal development defines those functions that have not yet matured but are in the process of maturation, functions that will mature tomorrow but are currently in an embryonic state. These functions could be termed the buds or flowers of development rather than the "fruits" of development. The actual developmental level characterizes mental development retrospectively, while the zone of proximal development characterizes mental development prospectively." - L.S.V.