Not too way off thread - SLA

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 16:33:27 PDT

Mike, Steven, Andrew, Dot, Kevin, Fern, et. al.,

So later in the year it is. Perhaps in the meantime people might suggest some articles, book chapters that we could start collecting (the forthcoming Thorne and Lantolf must definitely be there ;-) I'd like to see if we couldn't get a couple of people from the Halliday/genre pedagogy group of applied linguists involved, too. There is some very interesting work on scaffolding interventions going on there at the moment.

Cheers,
Phil

On Thursday, April 07, 2005, at 09:29PM, Mike Cole <lchcmike@gmail.com> wrote:

><<Original Attached>>

Steven, Phil and other SLA advocates. Perhaps we can make this line of work one thread in the
online CHAT class I am scheuling for December-March next year. As you can see, between the
play discussion upcoming (see papers on xmca papers for discussion) and discussion of an
article from MCA (see xmca discussions) I expect we will be struggling simply to pay attention
to that and always-emerging other topics for the next several weeks.
mike