Re: ponder this

From: Dale Cyphert (Dale.Cyphert@uni.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 14:14:00 PDT

I ponder myself, now and then, why I do stay subscribed to XMCA when I
have so few opportunities to get involved in a thread. Garnish on the
spam is a rather nice way of describing it, actually.....more to ponder!

My spam filters are very well trained, as a matter of fact, so there are
only two things that come in to distract me from all that dreary work.
One is xmca. (The other is dumb stuff from my co-grandmother, but
that's another story)

So...is the real question, "why do we lurk?" Why do we go to the dance
just to stand on the side? Why do we watch the game long after our
bodies won't let us play? Why do we read the cover of the Star in the
checkout lines? Why do we read Brian Greene's books when we have no
hope of engaging in the research? I'm still pondering. I have no
answers at all.

dale

--
Dale Cyphert, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Management