Butterflies and life

From: Mike Cole (lchcmike@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 17:40:23 PST

I cannot stop.

Butterflies are blown northward
to the San Joaquin valley in profusion.
Orange, black, white fleeting lives,
Flying, blowing north.

Breaking away
gently destroying
remembrance of life before.

  Today the butterflies in our back yard crowded our beautiful purple
flowers. Not yet blown away on their
trip north. Heather appreciated the thoughts. Their lives are so short!
 Today Pope John Paul the 2nd died. They say he promoted pro life and pro
social justice policies. It is an
occasion,along with the furor over Terry Shaivo, for all of us to re-think
what it means to be pro-life and pro-poor. David tried to get us to think
about this issue earlier this week. Apparently his comments did not
resonate. Might
they evoke more externalized reflection the second time around?
 mike