development: loss, destruction, transformation

From: David Preiss (davidpreiss@puc.cl)
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 13:42:05 PST

Hi Mike,
Your description of the breaking away tradition is, I think, what
explicit instruction should do in the schools. On the other hand, it is
a very nice proposal of how sociocultural learning can move development
forward (and not viceversa). Thanks for the clarification, David

David Preiss
-
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile: www.puc.cl
PACE Center at Yale University: www.yale.edu/pace