FW: executive search

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 16:39:09 PST

  _____

From: Aaron Schmidt [mailto:aaron@interconnections-us.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:47 AM
To: ematusov@UDel.Edu
Subject: executive search

Dr. Matusov,

My name is Aaron Schmidt and I am with an executive search firm. We are in
the process of a recruitment effort for a Senior Education Research
Scientist and I thought you might have ideas of people who might be
interested in this type of position. If you could give me a call or e-mail
me I would very much appreciate it. I have included the position
description below. Thanks so much,

Aaron Schmidt

INTERCONNECTIONS

(617) 395-7614

EDUCATION RESEARCH POSITION

Job Title: Senior Education Research Scientist

Description of the Job Posting: Our client is seeking a senior research
scientist to lead educational research and evaluation projects within
various topical areas.

About our Client: Located in close proximity to Washington, DC, they are a
nonprofit research, evaluation and consulting company that has served a
range of clients as well as greater public interests for more than 60 years.
They have earned a reputation for high quality and objective work while
working closely with policymakers, practitioners and other researchers. The
primary mission of our client's education work is to advance understanding
of the occurrence, causes, and consequences of ineffective schooling, in
order to improve the overall conditions of American education.

Responsibilities: As a key member of the growing Education Center, the
responsibilities of the senior research scientist will include -

* Performing the duties of project director or principal investigator
for research projects of large or moderate size, supervising others working
on the projects, and reviewing their work
* Conducting research, writing technical manuscripts, and submitting
work for publication
* Recommending contracts and grants on which to bid, writing
proposals, reviewing technical proposals written by others and other
business development activities
* Representing our client's expertise in educational research through
conference presentations
* Managing projects to meet budget guidelines and timelines and to
achieve a high level of customer satisfaction

Qualifications: The most talented candidates in any area related to
education are sought. Those with experience related to educational policy,
school reform, teacher quality, core content areas, and assessment &
accountability are particularly encouraged to apply. Research scientists are
expected to collaborate on existing project and to develop their own
externally funded research.

Experience in collaborative research in a multidisciplinary setting,
excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong publication record
and experience attracting outside funding are all important assets for the
successful candidate.

Salary: A competitive salary will be offered that is dependent on
qualifications and experience.