Re: Resistance and speaking out

From: Peg Griffin (Peg.Griffin@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 09:46:17 PST

IDEA Public Meetings throughout US from 1/28-2/24. The bill was signed, now
the hearings before regs. Advocacy groups provide information on problems
and opportunities; those who know research and education can be useful as
watchdogs/bellringers; Check www.adawatch.org or see links at
www.dredf.org/links2.shtml. (A DREDF news brief also gives a pretty good
sum of the wins, losses, particular dangers to watch out for in the bill as
finally passed).

DELAWARE: January 28, 2005: 3:30-5:30 PM & 6:30-8:30 PM
University of Delaware Conference Center,
John M. Clayton Hall Room 106
100 Pencader Way
Newark, DE 19716
OHIO: February 3, 2005: 3:30-5:30 PM & 6:30-8:30 PM
Ohio State University School of Education
384 Arps Hall, 1945 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43210

MASSACHUSETTS: February 7, 2005: 10:00 AM-2:00 PM & 6:30-8:30 PM
Sheraton Boston Hotel
Prudential Center
39 Dalton Street
Boston, MA 02199

CALIFORNIA: February 11, 2005: 1:00 -5:30 PM & 6:30 -8:30 PM
Lindbergh Schweitzer Elementary School
Schweitzer Campus
6911 Balboa Avenue
San Diego, CA 92111

GEORGIA: February 15, 2005: 3:30-5:30 PM & 6:30-8:30 PM
Frederick Douglass High School
225 Hamilton E. Holmes Drive, N.W.
Atlanta, GA 30318

WYOMING: February 18, 2005: 3:30-5:30 PM & 6:30-8:30 PM
University of Wyoming at Laramie
Wyoming Union 2nd Floor
Laramie, WY 82071

DC: February 24, 2005: 1:00-5:00 PM & 6:00-8:00 PM
Academy for Educational Development
1825 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20009