Re: In Remembrance of Liberty and Justice for All

From: Phil Chappell (philchappell@mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 03:06:25 PST

Wasn't there a mainstream actress who had a comedy show that aired
internationally who, after "coming out", had her show cut? Ellen
someone from memory (I'm not a TV watcher myself).

Jay, there are others who are embarrassed about their nationality - my
whole identity changed when we had fascist Paulinne Hanson running for
government in Australia (with significnat support) who had an
explicitly anti-Asian outlook. Being an Australian living in an Asian
country was very humiliating then. The questions my Thai students
asked...

In solidarity,

Phil