cultures in contact

Dear Colleagues-- The following has been attributed to Levi-Strauss.
It is clearly relevant to notions of cultural isolation and
interaction but there is no source given for the attribution. I am
hoping that someone in this group could say where it comes from in
L-S's work. It is very relevant to what I am now writing.

Its an intersting thought, even if you have no idea where it can be found!
mike

"Every culture must liberate its creative potential by finding the
correct equilibrium between isolation and contact with others." --
Claude Levi-Strauss