paper grading-itis

little tidbits like this always come around when we're grading papers! I recall a similar example on xmca a while ago...probably last semester about this time!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

dale
--- Begin Message ---
>> I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
>> >The
>> >   phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
>> >Cmabrigde
>> >   Uinervtisy, it deosn> '> t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a
>wrod
>> > are,
>> >the
>> >   olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the
>rghit
>> >   pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it
>wouthit
>> >   porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
>by
>> >   istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
>> > thought
>> >   slpeling was ipmorantt.

--- End Message ---