Re: TALKING WORK vs TALKING AT WORK

Chiara,
I actually like your terminology, distingishing between "talking work"
and "talking at work", but the distinctions between the two are not at
all simple.

Are you looking at the organizational communication and small
group/team communication literatures?  The notion of "talking work"
from those literatures seems like a hugely encompassing frame that
might need some fine-tuning.

dale

> Hi! Does it make sense to you distinguishing between TALKING WORK vs
TALKING ATWORK?

> where TALKING WORK  is a discursive professional activity (such as
teaching, or a medical
consultation or a problem solving meeting, etc.)
> while TALKING AT WORK is any talk occorring in workplaces (talking
to coordinate non
discursive activities, chatting during the coffee break, etc.)
> Shall I use a better terminology to address such a distinction? Does
anybody know a
collection of studies specifically on what I call TALKING WORK ?