Re: math for reproduction and domination

Hi Bill,
I am not one of those editors who imposes his/her view of the world on others. I recognize the work in itself, even though I might disagree with the content. You notice that my own paper dealt with the production and reproduction of identity in the context of urban science, and the fragility of "success" to be and become a student or teacher. You may not be interested in this kind of trouble making, but in this you make a choice as to the nature of the society you live in. I think a dose of social analysis of the kind Dorothy Smith, who argues for a feminist sociology, is required to interrogate our ideologies so that we can bring about a rupture. Bourdieu, too, asks us, as social analysts, to break with the gaze through radical analysis of our own presuppositions.
Cheers,
Michael