De: Peter Smagorinsky [mailto:smago@coe.uga.edu]
Enviado el: Thursday, November 11, 2004 1:30 PM
Para: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
Asunto: RE: Civil War vs Election

only simply right now (I've got a manuscript review to complete): the maps overlap to suggest that a great deal of Bush's support comes from states that once advocated slavery (and where the vestiges of slavery are still evident in housing segregation, economic disparities, etc.). Not a very hopeful sign in these times. p