RE: exciting job

From: Tony Whitson (twhitson@udel.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 08:51:09 PDT

I couldn't recover the 8-bit doc file, but I might have all the text content
below.

Teachers College, Columbia University

Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology
Comunication Computing and TEchnology in Education

Position: We seek a scholar with research and development interests in
instructional design and/or educational technology to join the program in
Communication, Computing and Technology in Education. Applicants should be
well positioned to conduct basic laboratory or field-based research and
scholarship, and to apply theory and research to the design and use of
educational technology linked to teaching, learning and society. Preference
will be given to researchers who focus on learning from and teaching with
various media, including video, video games and other virtual computer
environments, in or out of school environments, and to applicants who have
teaching experience at the College and/or pre K-12 levels.

Program Description/Background Information: The program in Communication,
Computing and Technology in Education is administratively housed within the
Department of Mathematics, Science and Technology and provides a cluster of
degree programs that develop research and leadership capacities for
innovative uses of information and communication technologies to enhance
cognition, cultural communication, and all content areas within education,
including literacy, social studies, science, mathematics, and teacher
education. CCTE doctoral programs use the social and human sciences to study
how applications of advanced digital technologies and new media act as
powerful social and historical forces, empowering educators to seek new
solutions to established problems through various theoretical, pedagogical
and design perspectives.

Responsibilities: Teach graduate courses in instructional design and
educational technology; maintain an active program or research and
scholarship; advise doctoral and master's students; participate in
departmental activities.

Qualifications: Earned doctorate in Instructional Design, Educational
Technology, Cognitive Science, Learning Science, Critical Theory, Education
or other relevant discipline. Demonstrated or clear potential for ongoing
research and scholarship.

Rank: Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure Track

Send: Letter of application addressing the perceived fit for this position,
theoretical stance and projected research trajectory; curriculum vita; three
recent publications, preprints, or other examples of scholarly writing;
names of three references with contact information to Professor Charles
Kinzer, Search Committee Chair, Box 8.

Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2004 and continue until the
search is completed. Appointment begins September 2005.

Teachers College as an institution is committed to a policy of equal
opportunity in employment. In offering education, psychology, and health
studies, the College is committed to providing expanding employment
opportunities to minorities, women, and persons with disabilities in its own
activities and in society. Candidates whose qualifications and experience
are directly relevant to College priorities (e.g., urban issues, education
equity, and concerns of underrepresented groups) may be considered for
higher rank than advertised.

Teachers College, Columbia University
525 West 120th Street, New York, NY 10027
http://www.tc.columbia.edu/