tired friday

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:33:32 PDT

On a tired Friday with a long weekend of work ahead, this poem by the late
Czeslaw Milosz resonated strongly with recent thoughts and experiences, so
I thought I would avoid the next task in line by sending it out to you
all in hopes you also find it worth thinking with.

IF THERE IS NO GOD

If there is no God,
Not everything is permitted to man.
He is still his brother's keeper
And he is not permitted to sadden his brother,
By saying there is no God.

I have no idea how to render the thought gender neutral in either Polish
or English, but assuming it to be so generalized, I find it an
interesting thought.

More to come....... God willing.
:-)
mike