Re: seeking leads on folks doing brain research on visual cognition

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (ana@zmajcenter.org)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 15:20:33 PDT

Judy,
I have actually heard that the reason TV is so addictive is precisely
because it make the brain work to fill the gaps. So we constantly have
to finish the "unfinished" images and that makes us "spin" the brain. I
think that McLuhan would argue that analog (film, picture) would not be
so addictive, because we can easily detach from a passive medium.
What do you think?
Ana