Re: DAvydov and Andronov

From: Peter Smagorinsky (smago@coe.uga.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 08:16:12 PDT

An interesting illustration of this comes in moral/character education.
One big criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg (who more or less founded the idea
of moral reasoning) was that people could be deemed highly moral based on
their articulation of moral ideas in response to Kohlberg's scenarios, yet
behave badly; or a person could be less articulate (and deemed of lesser
moral development) yet behave admirably. Most politicians I know of fit
the first profile well, including some current office-holders. Peter