Re: the role of externalization

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 08:16:01 PDT

Yes, Peter. We keep emphasizing the constant dialectic process of
internalization and externalization, but I do not think we have
as many clear examples as we could use. I view these various examples
as "similar" to use your term, but perhaps somewhat different in their
intimate details of operation. Note that adults talking to themselves
while they type as a means of avoiding errors, or when tired, is another
spontaneous kind of example.

What I especially liked about the example is that Amelia started by
saying "i know it but I can't see it" before she then made the next
example visible to herself.
mike