Re: 1973 article by Wartofsky on perception, representation, artifacts

From: Oudeyis (victor@kfar-hanassi.org.il)
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 20:41:26 PDT

Steve,
    Ilyenkov's Dialectics of the Abstract and Concrete is his longest, but I found it the clearest and best organized of his works. You might also want to review part I ("History of Dialectics") of his Dialectical Logic particularly chapters 5 (on Hegel) and 6 (on Feuerbach).
    Sorry about the somewhat telegraphic and disorganized state of my last message, got somewhat worked up after finding that a very Hegelian theory (modified to conform to materialist paradigms of knowledge and thought) is hidden in EVI's "The Concept of the Ideal."
Regards,
Victor