Re: Discussion of EVI's Concept of the Ideal

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 07:22:49 PDT

Steve,

If a number of different people say "We are all pursuing the same ideal
..." what is it that they are pursuing? A phantom? A state of brain matter?
Obviously what they are pursuing is something which exists independently of
"the mind" (in Lenin's sense, ontologically), but not of course
independently of objective, willful, needy, human practice.

The whole issue is the posing of the issue as a mind-matter problem, when
it can be understood ony as a subject-object problem.

Andy