Re: Response to Steve G on EVI and Bakhurst - The annotations

From: Oudeyis (victor@kfar-hanassi.org.il)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 07:23:19 PDT

Steve,
I'm sending you my annotations in installments. This is the first 4th of the paper and probably the most important part.

A few words on the annotations. The original annotations included precis and criticisms of each paragraph. Of these there are two sets, the first is black, the second (done later is dark red). Some of these still appear in the version I sent you, but not all. In response to your questions etc. I'm annotating the paper once again, this time in a lighter purple script. Instead of annotating each paragraph I've annotated some paragraphs that appear to me to be of critical significance while other annotations are relevant to groups of paragraphs. The annotations themselves are presented as end notes and you can identify the reference by traversing between commentary and text.

This third annotating review of EVI has enabled me to clarify further my critique of EVI (see notes on paragraphs 39 through 41 and especially the 2nd paragraph of my notes for EVI's paragraph 41).

As you should see from the annotations I am building on EVI's work rather than simply criticising it.

Looking forward to your response,
Victor