RE: Iraq: Responses to Zimbardo

From: White, Phillip (Phillip.White@cudenver.edu)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 07:36:09 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Eugene Matusov [mailto:ematusov@udel.edu]
I think we should be very careful avoiding demonizing one side and
glorifying another side. The gold rule is that there are no gold rules.
Local historical circumstances are very important and should be considered
holistically.

What do you think?

          i'm reminded all over again about positionality, perspective, motives, objects - expressing displeasure to a friend regarding the invasion of Iraq, which my friend supported because the Kurds benefitted from the invasion.

           also, Eugene, i've not been able to find any sources regarding photos of lynchings in the US with beaming observers. i believe that they're there, but i've not yet found them.

          the issue of demonization is interesting - how to determine the object - again complex in the teasing apart the multiple issues.

phillip