Annotation of EVI's Concept of the Ideal

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop101@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 05:13:47 PDT

The file attachment below is a comprehensive annotation of the EVI article
"The Concept of the Ideal." It is a paragraph by paragraph annotation of
this difficult article. What a learning experience doing this has been.

I explain this project a little more at the beginning of the attached
document. I think I did a pretty good job. It is aimed at any interested
reader who is having trouble comprehending this admittedly opaque
document. Such a reader may find my annotations helpful as they read the
EVI article, which remains intact in between the annotations. Although I
have almost doubled the length of the total reading, hopefully a reader,
with the assistance of some of my interpretations and rewrites, can get a
pretty good reading of the EVI article in one single reading. That is my
intention, in any case. Feedback will of course be very welcome.

Unfortunately, this file attachment is large, 280 KB. A smaller computer or
a slow internet line might have trouble downloading it. Please let me know
if there are problems.

Best,
- Steve Gabosch

Caution: large file, 280 KB.