Re: script and space, neighboring categories and their assumptions

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 17:15:19 PST

Adam-- I am not sure there is a dominant concensus to be set straight on
regarding CHAT principles, but on quick reading your principles seem
fine to me. I would concentrate on what might be missing.

Do contradictions of various kinds/levels serve as a/the underlying cause of
systemic change?

What role, if any, does the term, culture, play in this perspective, which
has the term cultural historical in it?

Steve mentioned multileveledness, which strikes me as important and
evocative of some uses of the term, context.

Engestrom and others in various publications from Aarhus and elsewhere
promulgate basic principles. It would be interesting to collect up the
whole lot and see how they have been changing this past couple of decades.
mike