Fw: US Online Youth Involvement

From: Jonna Kangasoja (jonna.kangasoja@helsinki.fi)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 13:56:46 PST

Hi,

Before the discussion on the Gutierrez et al. article speeds up I'd like to
share a piece of news - an example of the electronic third space - from
'Democracies Online Newswire'.
This fast moving field of electronically mediated _global_ collective
activities forces us to brush up the thinking around some of the core
concepts in CHAT.
(really enjoyed the 'goals, agency and interplay of forces' exchanges by
Iraj, David & others!)

-jonna

>...a site that is an amazing global network of youth using
> ICTs to make the world (or their corner of it) a better place:
> http://www.takingitglobal.org
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Peter Levine <plevine@umd.edu> -----
> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:59:16 -0500
> From: Peter Levine <plevine@umd.edu>
> Subject: new study maps online youth political culture
>

> New Study Maps Online Political, Civic Activities of Generation Y,
Documents