Re: cr&c

From: david.preiss@yale.edu
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 15:38:07 PST

But, what about fascism, understood as a culture; that is, a set of
practices where mistrust of the other is the rule that regulates most
of the social exchanges? What about the culture of totalitarian
societies? What about the culture of the USA during Mcartism? We could
say that they lack "culture" but then the issue because just a nominal
one. I think they do, and that understanding how a fascist/totalitarian
culture develops is a worthy goal.