Re: Motives and goals: Leont'ev and Axel

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 12:45:28 PST

Hi Ricardo.

I agree with you. Certainly Yrjo does not see himself working outside
of the Vygotskian tradition, but rather as someone who is working
in the context of several generations of development of the ideas.

I am pretty sure, however, that many would disagree with me. The reasons
for disagreement could be varied, but they would include conflicts between
key players in the 1930's and changes (sometimes considered distortions)
introduced into LSV's ideas when they became popular outside of the USSR/
Russia.

However, I am still struggling along trying to understand the meaning
of "object" in AT/German/English/etc, so perhaps someone with more certain
knowledge could help out here.
mike