RE: Auschwitz

From: IRAJ IMAM (iimam@cal-research.org)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 10:51:11 PST

 "Remember just one thing, my dear: never hate! Don't hate anyone. Look what
had hatred made out of these people. They hate us and they became monsters.
Never become like them"

Thank you Anna for sharing a family story of how one can remain sane and
become more human in the midst of all inflicted inhumanity and in receiving
public violence. I think Itka's mother gave her daughter a profound message,
for all of us to remember.

This is also similar to the message that Gandhi gave. 'in order to be able
to hurt others, you must become able to hurt yourself first'-paraphrasing.

Nelson Mandela: " I knew . that the oppressor must be liberated just as
surely as the oppressed. A man who takes away another man's freedom is a
prisoner of hatred, he is locked behind bars of prejudice and
narrow-mindedness. ... The oppressed and the oppressor alike are robbed of
their humanity." (Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom, 1995)

Do these bring us back to what our emotions are capable to do to us? There
was a brief discussion on emotions recently.

iraj