Re-Constitution

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 09:02:57 PST

Hi Folks,

Eugene and Judy have put up a website to support your participation in making
the CHSIG constitution. There is an introduction warmly written by Eugene,
with snippets of some of the conversations around the activity leading to the
first draft. He has built in interactive means for you to comment, so we can
make changes before we attempt to ratify the document. The interactive
website is at:

http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/constitution/

The first draft of the constitution (something for you to react to) is at:
http://activitytheory.home.comcast.net/CHSIGConstitution.html

There are also a few other agenda items for CHSIG decision-making business.
First, there is the matter ratifying the constitution, if we can achieve
enough agreement to put together something to ratify. Second, there is the
business of electing new sig officers for the upcoming two years. I'm
investigating voting mechanisms that will allow fair and accessible
balloting. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. Third, while we
are not yet ready for nominations for the positions of (1) President, (2)
Program Officer, and (3) Treasurer/Membership Coordinator, it would be to all
our benefit if you would think about potential candidates.

Thanks,
bb