Re: ZPD/Chaiklin and Vygotsky/Bakhtin

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 06:20:20 PST

Peter,
I am still trying to make sense of Davydov's theory, particularly in
terms of the initial cell, which you suggested some time ago as being
word/meaning for other language learning. For adults who are using
their first language as a mediational tool for learning another
language (i.e. where higher concepts are matured/already maturing), I
wonder what hypotheses are being made? Obviously different to young
school children, but what qualitative differences to adults? Sorry to
confuse this with more than one language.

Phil