Re: ZPD/Chaiklin and Vygotsky/Bakhtin

From: Peter Smagorinsky (smago@coe.uga.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 03:22:49 PST

At 06:00 PM 1/14/2004 +0700, you wrote: A question based on the article
that might be worthwhile pursuing once the discussion of Paul's paper has
subsided is based on Mike's observation of the underplaying of the idea of
imitation. What is the "special" meaning that LSV attaches to the word
imitation?

For the article I recently attached on learning to teach the five-paragraph
theme, we had originally written the attached theoretical section, which
the reviewers recommended that we eliminate as irrelevant to the study.
I've set it aside for potential use later, but it relates to Vygotsky's
beliefs about imitation in relation to his discussion of the zpd and may
contribute to a consideration of Phil's question. Peter