Re: real and virtual worlds

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop101@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 01:56:30 PST

Hi Victor, glad you wrote. No problem at all about taking time.

Speaking of time - labor time in this case - before I comment on some of
your remarks, I need to understand more clearly what you are saying about
abstract labor, as in " ... it's becoming ever more difficult to measure
labor abstractly ..." and " ... The basic fact [is] that labor can no
longer be measured in abstraction ...". Are you saying that abstract labor
(exchange value) is no longer the basis of the current mode of production
and exchange of today's world; that abstract labor (socially necessary
labor time) is no longer the basis for exchanging commodities; and (by
implication) that Marx's law of value (the labor theory of value), while
correct in the 19th Century, has become invalid in our modern era?

Thanks,
- Steve

At 12:10 PM 1/7/04 +0200, you wrote:
>Steve,
>Sorry for the delay, but here's my response anyway: see below.
>
>Regards,
>Victor

<snip>