Re: false consciousness: real and virtual worlds: third space

From: Oudeyis (victor@kfar-hanassi.org.il)
Date: Wed Dec 31 2003 - 12:12:33 PST

Gene,
Your tripartate division of space comes from Lefebvre, Henri(1974) The
Production of Space , translated by Donald Nicholson-Smith, Basil Blackwell,
Oxford, 1991. Interesting book though complex and hard to pin down.
Lefebvre is a Marxist, though a very singular one. Among the most peculiar
and in my view his least successful elements of his theory is an attempt to
treat space and time as objects.
Regards,
Victor