Re: Democracy, Federal Government, and Education: about Carlyle group

From: Ana Marjanovic-Shane (anamshane@speakeasy.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 15:01:40 PST

Mike, you can find a lot if information on the Carlyle group at the
following link:

http://emperors-clothes.com/news/bushladen.htm

Here is just a little quotation from the top of that article:
"Through his lofty position at Carlyle and as a consultant, George Bush
Sr. is closely linked to the bin Ladens. As are other powerhouse U.S.
politicians."

Ana

Mike Cole wrote:

>sure, Jay, social science research and not only social science research
>is used post hoc to justify policies and government meddling in research
>is nothing new. And, of course, whoever does it hides behind the very
>highest standards of scientific evidence.
>
>There is a scene in Kundera's *Book of laughter and forgetting where the
>protagonist stops for gas and the guy next to him throws up. To which
>he responds, "I know exactly what you mean." And so it goes.
>
>What is the Carlyle Group? Did you become a corporate entity to get with
>the brave new times?
>:-)
>mike

Ana Marjanovic-Shane