RE: Jobs and motivation: Help is needed

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 16:32:51 PST

Well this is the big question isn't it Eugene. I guess we all have our own
approach, but my own mantra is Theses on Feuerbach, so I am reminded of No.
8:
"All mysteries which lead theory to mysticism find their rational solution
in human practice and in the comprehension of this practice."
Personally, I try to reduce all the abstractions and "big questions" to
active, person-to-person relationships. So for example, the questions about
enjoying work and working for a living mean for me looking at the nature of
human collaboration involved in the relationships inherent in working for a
living. I see a lot of people using each other as means to their own and
others' end.

Andy