RE: Multidisciplinary perspectives

From: Steve Gabosch (bebop101@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 13:15:36 PST

Thanks, Peter!

As for my own reaction to the format, insisting on an introductory
paragraph near the beginning and a summary paragraph near the end makes
some sense - it is certainly a common practice in general, and is often
appreciated by readers who want to be sure they are following the writer's
thinking. I could live with that, and more or less try to follow it
myself. But where does the idea of "three" major points come from - three,
not two, not four - and even more stultifying, a separate paragraph for
each one? That sounds to me like insisting that all birthday presents
should be wrapped in the same size box. I can see why it can be despised!

- Steve