classroom cultures

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 16:38:29 PST

Andy-- Margie Gallego and I wrote a chapter on classroom cultures for the
most recent Handbook of Teaching that touches on a number of the issues you
raise.

Now that the word on how to find Carol's article is out and about, lets
see what others have to say.

Your experience teaching is an invaluable resource in thinking about these
matters, as is Carol's. I am handicapped in that respect; teaching at the
college level is a lot easier, or perhaps, easier to get away with.

An odd coincidence. It was the new math that brought me into the field of
culture and development.
mike