fellowships

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 14:45:38 PST

>>FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
>>
>>FIVE COLLEGE WOMEN'S STUDIES RESEARCH CENTER
>>A collaborative project of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and
>>Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts, Amherst
>>
>>The Center invites applications for its Research Associateships for
>>2004-2005 from scholars and teachers at all levels of the educational
>>system, as well as from artists, community organizers and political
>>activists, both local and international. Associates are provided with
>>offices in our spacious facility, computer access, library privileges,
>>and the collegiality of a diverse community of feminists. Research
>>Associate applications are accepted for either a semester or the
>>academic year. The Center supports projects in all disciplines so long
>>as they focus centrally on women or gender. Research Associateships are
>>non-stipendiary. However, international applicants with expertise in
>>Latin America, A! sia or Europe may apply for one of the two special
>>one-semester Ford Associateships for Fall 2004 or Spring 2005, which
>>offer a stipend of $12,000, plus a $3,000 housing/travel allowance in
>>return for teaching (in English) one undergraduate course at Mount
>>Holyoke College. The Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal
>>Arts will co-sponsor the associates and invites applicants to consider
>>contributing to our year-long focus on The World and Water: (Re)Source
>>of Power in the 21st Century with a special emphasis on design
>>(architectural, furniture, graphic, or product design as well as urban
>>and landscape design), documentary studies in film and photography or
>>performance in an international context. Preference given to
>>applicants with performance or production experience and whose work
>>crosses traditional academic boundaries. Applications welcomed from
>>visual artists, film and video makers, architects and designers,
>>dancers and actors, as well as academic scholars. Ford applicants need
>>not be
>>studying their own region of origin.
>>
>>Applicants for both programs should submit a project proposal (up to 4
>>pages), curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, and application
>>cover sheet. In addition, Ford applicants should submit a two-page
>>description of a women's studies course they are prepared to teach,
>>which includes their pedagogical goals and techniques. Submit all
>>applications to: Five College Women's Studies Research Center, Mount
>>Holyoke College, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075-6406.
>>Deadline is February 16, 2004. For further information, contact the
>>Center at TEL 413.538.2275, FAX 413.538.3121, email
>>fcwsrc@wscenter.hampshire.edu, website: http://wscenter.hampshire.edu/
>>

>>Do you Yahoo!?
>>Exclusive Video Premiere -
>><http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=1&redirectURL=http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/>Britney
>>Spears

--=====================_180655203==.ALT

cite cite><br>
FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES<br><br>
FIVE COLLEGE WOMEN=92S STUDIES RESEARCH CENTER<br>
A collaborative project of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and<br>
Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts, Amherst<br><br>
The Center invites applications for its Research Associateships for=20
2004-2005 <b>from scholars and teachers at all levels of the educational
system, as well as from artists, community organizers and political
</b><br>
<b>activists, both local and international.</b> Associates are provided
with <br>
offices in our spacious facility, computer access, library privileges,
and the collegiality of a diverse community of feminists. Research <br>
Associate applications are accepted for either a semester or the <br>
academic year. The Center supports projects in all disciplines so long
as they focus centrally on women or gender. Research Associateships are
non-stipendiary. However, international applicants with expertise in
Latin America, A! sia or Europe may apply for one of the two special
one-semester Ford Associateships for Fall 2004 or Spring 2005, which
offer a stipend of&nbsp; $12,000, plus a $3,000 housing/travel allowance
in <br>
return for teaching&nbsp; (in English) one undergraduate course at Mount
Holyoke College. The Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal=20
Arts&nbsp; will co-sponsor the associates and invites applicants to
consider <br>
contributing to our year-long focus on The World and Water: (Re)Source
of Power in the 21st Century with a special emphasis on design <br>
(architectural, furniture, graphic, or product design as well as urban
and landscape design), documentary studies in film and photography or
performance in an international context.&nbsp;&nbsp; Preference given to
applicants with performance or production experience and whose work=20
crosses traditional academic boundaries. <b>Applications welcomed from
visual artists, film and video makers, architects and designers,
</b><br>
<b>dancers and actors, as well as academic scholars. Ford applicants need
not be </b><br>
Applicants for both programs should submit a project proposal (up to 4
pages), curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, and application=20
cover sheet. In addition, Ford applicants should submit a two-page <br>
description of a women=92s studies course they are prepared to teach,=20
which includes their pedagogical goals and techniques. Submit all <br>
applications to: Five College Women=92s Studies Research Center, Mount
Holyoke College, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075-6406. <br>
Deadline is February 16, 2004. For further information, contact the=20
Center at TEL 413.538.2275, FAX 413.538.3121, email <br>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Exclusive Video Premiere -
http://launch.yahoo.com/video/?1093432&fs=3D1&redirect=
URL=3Dhttp://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/">Britney