Re: timescale question

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 01:35:57 PST

According to Hegel the Logic is the movement of the Spirit in itself, and
in the Absolute Idea:
"The Idea, namely, in positing itself as absolute unity of the pure Notion
and its reality and thus contracting itself into the immediacy of being, is
the totality in this form - nature."
  and life, and human life arises out of Nature and the rest is history.
People learn logic because they grow plants, crack rocks, build houses,
raise animals etc., and thus Spirit becomes conscious of itself through
human culture.

Although this idea of logic turning itself into material reality sounds
really crazy, it is actually no worse than the normal
scientific-materialist view which accepts that Nature "obeys laws" and a
study of its movement allows people to "discover" these laws in Nature.
This of course begs such questions are why Nature should choose to obey
laws, and who is making the laws in which particular Parliament. In short,
where did these laws come from? And if, in the history of science, laws are
replaced by other laws, how exactly do we understand the objectivity of
these laws. If they are part of nature exactly what are they made of?

Andy