Re: timescale question

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 08:58:38 PDT

There are so many interesting threads to the discussion that you, andy,
and others have generated, Steve, that I can't imagine "brittle" to be
an appropriate description of any of them.

There are some real dangers is over interpreting analogous or homologous
processes across levels of analysis and forms of matter. Various uses
to which the "orthogenetic principle" has been put in psychology might
provide useful cautions as well as positive examples (Joe Glick, as
a student of Werner's would be well positioned to help here).

I am in the position of being overdue simultaneously on several lingering
committments, which makes me displeased with my own contributions, which
I might characterize as puny if not brittle!

Send us some rain please.
:-)
mike