Re: timescale question

From: Ben Reshef family (victor@kfar-hanassi.org.il)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 01:33:26 PDT

Ben,
You might check out Stan Salthe's hierarchy theory: intentional and
extensional hierarchies. He's designed it for analysis of bioecological
issues, but it can with some imagination be used to analyse political
economic and social issues.
http://www.nbi.dk/~natphil/salthe/natphilecol.2001.html
http://www.nbi.dk/~natphil/salthe/hierarchy_th.html Also
http://www.isss.org/hierarchy.htm
www.library.utoronto.ca/see/pages/hierarchydef.html If you find those
interesting you can search through the google files on hierarchy theory:
some 1,460,000 entries. The most interesting and relevant of these concern
biosemiology. (Note. Amost interesting feature of Salthe's hierarchy theory
is that his concept of the "intentional hierarchy" is virtually the same as
the Hegelean dialectical method).
Victor