New Russian Initiative

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 13:03:21 PDT

http://www.vygotsky.edu.ru/

When I was at the Luria memorial meeting last year, a number of colleagues
and I discussed the possibility of creating an ongoing "international
university" around cultural historical activity theory ideas. Well, that
effort is being followed up on.

Thus far, the web pages which house this effort are only in Russian, but
there are plans to have them in English as well.

In addition, since our lab has been conducting interactive seminars with
places Finland and Sweden for some time using the internet and I pretty
routinely use the internet to give seminars, we are starting to explore
that option as well.

Check out the web site. Bring a friend who reads Russian if you do not. :-)
mike