For Ethical Politics

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 06:54:26 PDT

Dearest XMCA-ers,
I have published a book, "For Ethical Politics".
Although it is not made explicit, the work draws heavily on Vygotsky School
concepts, in particular the notion of collaborative activity as the
essential basis of human development. The book tries to tackle the enormous
difficulties that all forms of progressive politics and communitarianism
are facing today by approaching the big social and political questions from
the point of view of person-to-person relationships, and in particular
"working together".

My publishers are a very small operation, and do not have access to
overseas markets outside Australia, so I am taking it upon myself to get
the book to American and other overseas readers.

I am sure that anyone who participates on the xmca list will like this
book, and I am sure that the educators among you will find it relevant to
your profession work.

An early draft of the book is available at:
http://home.mira.net/~andy/blackwood/fep/
and http://home.mira.net/~andy/blackwood/fep/how-to-buy.htm tells you how
you can buy it.

Andy Blunden