Re: research - writing, printing, computing

From: Luiz Carlos Baptista (lucabaptista@sapo.pt)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 06:01:38 PDT

Hi Steve, thank you for your question.

I wouldn't say that human labor is a logotechnique, or a technique at all. I
think we could better understand labor as involving the systematic
employment of techniques. On the other hand, and it depends on how we
characterize "labor", it doesn't seem to be prior to speech - at least, if
we think of labor as involving cooperation based on shared meanings.

Rgrds,

Luiz Carlos Baptista
lucabaptista@sapo.pt
lucabaptista@hotmail.com