Re: research - writing, printing, computing

From: David Preiss (david.preiss@yale.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 15:59:46 PDT

Luiz,

Michael Tomasello in The Cultural Origins of Human Cognition offers an
interesting alternative to innatism in the acquisition of language, which
also fits indirectly your claims. Bruner in Child's talk do the same. And
before, of course, Vygotsky. As for the general topic, my question will be
how do we move beyond what we know so far, what research strategies we
should pursue, what are the open questions we still have to answer when
doing research on literacy and cognition, and how do we translate those
questions in an empirical program of research.

David