Re: media literacy?

From: Jay Lemke (jaylemke@umich.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 20:31:32 PDT

It's certainly a key topic for discussion. Visions of education in the US
today are being locked into a dead-end at present by the consensus of
desperation and a coalition of the mostly unwilling. IT is perhaps one of
the few openings to discussions of alternative futures. And CHAT can
certainly help identify where that opening is mainly smoke and mirrors and
where it might perhaps really lead to somewhere more hopeful.

JAY.

At 08:59 AM 9/22/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Seems to me that your neat summary of the "Groundbreaking" report should
>provide a very interesting element in next AERA's sig discussion about
>CHAT and the future of education, Jay.
>mike

Jay Lemke
Professor