Re: Andy's question on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy

From: Andy Blunden (ablunden@mira.net)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 19:16:30 PDT

Thanks Steve.
I did do an internet search myself.
My question was prompted by yet another talk on the radio about Cognitive
Behavioral therapy, that morning, and it struck me that with the widespread
displacement of Jungian and Freudian etc ideas by this Cognitive therapy,
that I should look into it, and that there was surely some synergy between
CHAT and an approach to psychiatry which presupposes that (generally
speaking) feelings are formed on the basis of cognitive structures and
learned coping mechanisms.

Consequently, I guess I was hoping that one of the members of this list
would actually be able to give some kind of critical assessment of the school.

Andy