Re: Vygotsky and Postmodernism

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 17:08:42 PDT

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 9:28 pm, Judith Vera Diamondstone promulgated:
> It seems to me the point is whether the writings of Vygotsky, Leovt'ev et
> al are USEFUL in addressing post-modern concerns.

Implicit in this discussion is what appears to me to be value judgements of
Vygotsky's work with post-modernism as the fulcrum. My simple mind finds
this weird because i consider *usefulness* to be a core criterion for valuing
research, and I find Vygotsky's work more useful than anything i've yet seen
that is called "postmodern".

But I'm willing to be shown otherwise. ???

bb