Fw: Marxism and Education: Renewing Dialogues III

From: Bruce Robinson (bruce.rob@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 12:15:44 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruth Rikowski" <rikowski.uk@TINYWORLD.CO.UK>
To: <CAPITAL-AND-CLASS@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 6:37 PM
Subject: Marxism and Education: Renewing Dialogues III

MARXISM AND EDUCATION: RENEWING DIALOGUES III

Pedagogy & Culture

A DAY SEMINAR
Wednesday 22nd October 2003
9.30 - 5.00
The Clarke Hall
School of Education Foundations & Policy Studies
UNIVERSITY OF LONDON, INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION
20 Bedford Way
London WC1

Convened by:
Tony Green (University of London, Institute of Education), and
Glenn Rikowski (University College Northampton)

SPEAKERS:

Paula Allman (Honorary Research Fellow, University of Nottingham)
Marx's Materialism Versus 'Talking the Walk' Pedagogy

Carmel Borg (University of Malta)
Gramsci, Religion and the Curriculum

Helen Colley (University of Leeds)
Emotional Capital: A useful extension of Bourdieu's forms of capital?

David Guile (University of London, Institute of Education)
Activity Theory and Pedagogy

Peter Jones (Sheffield Hallam University)
Activity Theory and the Marxian Legacy

Peter Mayo (University of Malta)
Antonio Gramsci, Paulo Freire and Critical Pedagogy

Victoria Perselli (Kingston University)
So Victoria, does this make you a Marxist? Identity, action, and what
Marxism
means to me (I think) as a supervisor of school experience in initial
teacher
education

Details of the Full Programme available on request.

The Seminar is free, but places are limited.

To reserve a place, please contact Glenn Rikowski at: rikowski@tiscali.co.uk