Re: lichnost'/self-actualization

From: Peter Moxhay (moxhap@portlandschools.org)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 10:28:35 PDT

Eugene wrote:

> I'd define it as "in-world-actualization" (cf. "self-actualization").
> In the
> concept of lichnost', one has to listen to the world rather than self
> unfold one's potentials.

I have a recent book with a couple of essays by Dmitrii Leontiev
precisely
on "self-actualization" (transliterated into Russian). He talks about
"self-actualization" of "lichnostei," but has references mostly to
Western authors and one to LSV (none to his famous grandfather).

I'd be interested, Eugene, to hear if you have written anything on this
subject, or
if you can point to references that might bridge the concepts of
personality, lichnost', self-actualization, in-world-actualization, etc
.

Peter